Episode 100 – 4 reasons why you need a fitness buddy
To all those who are on their health and fitness journey and are:
You need to find a fitness buddy.
A fitness buddy is a friend, colleague, workmate, or coach who is with you on your health and fitness journey.
Your fitness buddy is one of the best ways to:
- sustain your health and fitness habits
- bounce ideas around
- stay accountable when you’re lazy or looking for an excuse
- help Pseudo-coach you.
Keen to start?
Here are some useful ways to work with your fitness buddy:
1. While focusing on exercise –
If you have someone that you can jog or walk with, or even go to the gym with, they can help you with:
- Exercise skill/knowledge such as benefits and features of the movements
- “Spot” you in the performance of your exercise
- Give you feedback on some of the “technique cues” that you may or may not have done so that you can improve for next time.
Want to know the other two reasons why you need a fitness buddy? Read on.
2. For nutrition and diet –
Of course, your nutrition and diet will play a huge role in your health and wellbeing so your fitness buddy will play that role of:
- Healthy meal and snack idea generator
- Assistant chef and meal prep cook
- Devil’s advocate on your restaurant and meal choices
- Emotional support during times of boredom, stress or excessive celebratory occasions.
3. Wellbeing, mindset, stress management etc.
These factors need an extra pair of eyes to help research tips and tricks, keep the big picture in focus and also to ensure there’s a balance to your actions especially for:
- Thoughts management so that they remain healthy
- Balancing ambition against downtime or “non-focus” time
- Sleep hygiene life hacks
- Stress and relaxation dynamics
- Social health and it’s inclusion in your daily and weekly schedules.
Your fitness buddy is your ultimate guru and friend. They will be useful for all the above and more during your health and fitness journey. While they aren’t as good as having an actual coach it’s a start! Use that initial boost to make the big change you need and then once you want to take it to the next level of health and fitness, let me know. ☺
If you think you’re ready to take the leap, let me know and I can help coach you through your transformation here.
There is also our community you can join! Click here to visit us and perhaps find yourself a fitness buddy!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks
Photo by Spencer Watson on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.