Episode 114 – Staying accountable in health and fitness
- Do you find yourself flaking out on your own goals?
- Whatever happened to the dream of being the lone wolf (or lion) and pursuing your ambitions behind the scenes?
- Was stealth mode destroying your #beastmode vibe?
- Can’t get outta bed to exercise?
Maybe it’s time to rethink your game plan.
If you’ve answered yes to any of the above, you need someone stay accountable to.
And the best solution to this is a fitness buddy!
Health and fitness buddies keep you accountable for your health and fitness dream goals!
They are going make sure that you’re always doing the extra efforts required to get in shape for that event or deadline.
That’s the dream situation, yeah!?
How do you optimise this partnership to stay accountable?
The best way to align is to meet up and set small continual goals together.
For example, you might start off with a conversation such as, “there is a sporting event coming up, let’s work together to participate in this activity!”
Once in agreement, you can proceed to set weekly routines and healthy habits together to build up to that sporting event.
Read on below to stay accountable in health and fitness.
Stay accountable for the long term.
Of course, after the sporting event is successful – and the vibe between the two of you has been good all the way through the sporting campaign – this becomes the perfect opportunity to set a new health and fitness goal together.
So, for these guys in the video below, once they finish their marathon race at their upcoming sports event, they can say to each other:
“Right, that was a fantastic race! We did a really good time… what’s our next event? Where are we going next? What are we going for in terms of personal best times, distances, etc.?”
Then begin again.
Set new goals. Implement the new plan. Restart the action.
To stay accountable is about finding a health and fitness buddy that can ultimately move in the same direction with you – and, of course, hit goal after goal after goal with you as well.
Nothing better than sharing winning moments with your fitness buddy!
No more lone wolf.
Get your fitness buddy today and stay accountable to your health and fitness goals!
Need extra help?
- Feel free to join our #firstfivefitness community, we’d love to see you.
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Kyle Johnson on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.