Episode 142 – Natural habits that will balance your metabolism
Natural habits that will balance your metabolism
If you want to balance your metabolism, work on these key healthy habits:
1. Make sure you’re exercising and eating healthy foods such as fruits and vegetables – very important!
Start by focusing on adding 5 minutes of exercise into your day, then expand to 10 minutes, 15 minutes and even 20-30 minutes of exercise. This ramping up process will help to keep it sustainable in your lifestyle by gradually increasing your dosage.
On the other side of exercise is nutrition.
Start with a minimum of two fruits and five vegetables and then work on keeping this consistent day in and day out of your life. While it’s important to keep a balance in your life with soul foods, aim for these fruit and vegetable targets as a minimum. Remember to add in more fruits and vegetables if you’re active.
2. Keep hydrated
Metabolism can only occur in fluid so without a good amount of water in your diet these processes will be affected.
On the other side of this is the removal of waste products or metabolites from your body and mind. This is the other reason you want to keep your fluid intake up.
For the general population, aim for 8-10 glasses of water per day – more if you’re active or live in hot climates and summer months.
Want 2 more ways to balance your metabolism? Read on below.
3. Stress management
Look after your stress through meditation and yoga, going out in nature, etc. These will all keep your hormones balanced and when they are working optimally – they’re going to help you to metabolise at your best.
Aim to add one of those activities into your day.
4. Sleep well
Sleep is essential because that’s when the recovery process is happening. That’s when your toxins are being removed. That’s when you are repairing! You can’t go out and give it your best without rest!
Balance your metabolism
If you want to balance your metabolism, work on these key healthy habits today!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Form on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.