Episode 95 – Do you need help finding the best exercise routine?
“Coach Chris, what’s the best exercise routine I should be doing?”
Immediately I’d reply, “How often CAN you train that’s sustainable?”
That’s the most important thing.
Yes, the ideal answer is likely to be between 2 and 4 times a week – depending on how intense it is (It could also be a daily rhythm if it’s less intense such as a walk or low-intensity body weight resistance movements).
But will this work for the individual – all the time? Absolutely not.
So we have to customize the lifestyle, expectations and outcomes timeframe accordingly.
I know people that only train on Saturday and Sunday but don’t train or exercise during the week (super long or intense training weekend sessions).
Some previous clients of mine would train for 5 minutes during their lunch break (daily) right before lunch and that was it (hardcore intensity) – and they didn’t train on the weekend either.
And that works for them.
For the best exercise routine, read on below.
I know people that didn’t train at all but they always kept up an active schedule of incidental exercise:
- They took the stairs at work
- They always parked down the road to walk to their office
- They took the opportunity to lift and move objects by hand instead of using helpers or mechanical aids, play with their kids at the park, etc.
That was THEIR healthy way of living and it was sustainable for them.
Are these in line with traditional exercise recommendations? Not necessarily.
Would these suit every goal? No.
But does it work for the individual? Yes
That’s an important question.
Making your best exercise routine work for you!
My questions for you today is:
- What’s YOUR perfect exercise routine? Can you keep that up for life?
- What are you waiting for? Get to it.
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Clique Images on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.