Episode 50 – The Top 7 Times Of The Day To Drink Water And Why
Let’s fix up your hydration habits!
Below are the top seven times of the day to drink water and why you need to start doing this immediately. It’s good for you!
If you don’t, you’ve been warned!
1. Drink water first thing in the morning.
2. Drink water before meals.
This will make the body feel fuller and will help you not to overeat. It will also help to activate the digestive system facilitating your energy supply. If you don’t you’ll feel sluggish.
3. Drink water first when feeling hungry.
Often, the body mistakes thirst for hunger. This will lessen unnecessary snacking and eating at any time of the day. Less snacking, less guilt.
When else should we drink water and why? Read on below.
4. Drink water before, during and after workout.
You lose a lot of water during physical activity due to both thermoregulation (regulating body temperature) and metabolism. Drinking will also help replenish electrolytes lost during sweating giving you a better chance to avoid muscle cramps.
5. Drink water when feeling sick.
More water intake is needed when you are sick. Water helps clear toxins and also helps anti-bodies move around the body to fight bacteria and neutralize viruses. Get better, quicker!
6.While doing mental work
You still need water to keep the body and brain functioning optimally. While it’s easy to think water’s only function is to cool you down, it actually supports metabolism as well. Without water, your metabolism slows down which includes thinking speed.
7. Before, during and after physical labor, passions, and hobbies
Much like exercise, you lose a lot of water during physical labor due to both thermoregulation (regulating body temperature) and metabolism. Drinking will also help replenish electrolytes lost during sweating allowing you to participate for longer – especially if it’s a hobby or passion you enjoy.
Boost your hydration now!
There you have it, seven top times of the day to drink water and why you need to start doing this immediately. Go on, it’s good for you!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
- Chek, P. (2009) How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!
- Chopra, D. (1995) Boundless Energy: The complete Mind/Body Program for Overcoming Chronic Fatigue. Three Rivers Press
- Germov, J., Williams, L. (2004) A Sociology of Food & Nutrition: The Social Appetite (2nd Ed.) Oxford.
- Gropper, S., Smith, J., Groff, J. (2005) Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (4th Ed.), Thomson Wadsworth
- Kausman, R. (2004). If not dieting, then what? Allen & Unwin
- Mahan, L. Escott-Stump, S. (2004) Krause’s Food, Nutrition & Diet Therapy (11th Ed.) Saunders
- McWilliams, M. (2001) Foods: Experimental Perspectives (4th Ed.) Prentice-Hall
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.