Episode 8 – Four tips you need to know to kickstart your health journey
I hear you.
Changing your lifestyle can seem like a major decision.
It’s scary, right! First, you have to let go of old habits. Second, is the adjustment period – the period of time that seems like walking a tight rope between “failure” and “making it”.
So when you kickstart your health journey, does change = pain ?
Stick with me for a second.
At first, it may seem like pain, but once you get over the initial obstacles, the “change” is more of a transformation or, a right of passage for you becoming more of who you are – meaning, it’s one of your character building moments.
You’ll be better, more equipped in life, people will admire your courage and most importantly you’ll be true to yourself.
As with any journey worth taking, you have to be well prepared and have the right mindset to see you through.
Are you ready to commit to doing what’s necessary?
In this article, let’s explore 4 key steps to successfully kickstart your health journey. They’ll get you going in the right direction and, for good!
The 4 steps to kickstart your health journey
1. Identify your goal
This is the first step towards kickstarting your health and fitness journey.
No goals means no direction. No direction means staying the same – which the opposite to why you’re here right?! So, to kickstart your health and fitness journey let’s get your goal in order.
Ask yourself this question and be honest,
Some common goals include:
- Wanting a sexier body
- Being stronger
- Reducing fatigue
- Feeling more confident
- Being able to play with your child for longer periods of time
- Having more energy to get more out of life.
It also pays to drive your health and fitness goal with your “why.”
Hint: think of your “why” in terms of the immediate and deeper benefits, as well as the potential consequences if you do not make these changes.
2. Work on your Confidence
The second key factor to kickstart your health and fitness journey is to use body language hacks to build your confidence. Simple body language improvements such as, walking upright or smiling help to boost feel-good hormones and other biomarkers such as, testosterone while at the same time lower stress hormones such as, cortisol – of which too much isn’t good for your confidence.
If you want to go the extra mile in hacking your body language for confidence, try these power poses.
Simply hold for 2 minutes or more on a daily basis:
- Champion’s pose – take a cue from runners who do their victory pose when they reach the finish line. This is a good one.
- Wonder woman pose – put on your fiercest “Wonder Woman” pose with back straight and arms on your waist. Another great pose for confidence.
Hack your body language to build your confidence and you’ll no doubt kickstart your health fitness journey.
What’s the other tips to kickstart your health journey? Read on below!
3. Celebrate the Small Wins
The third factor in kickstarting your health and fitness journey is to recognize the importance of celebrating the smaller victories that come with achieving your ultimate health and fitness goal.
Setup yourself up with small wins such as,
- Rewarding yourself for making better nutrition choices at each meal
- Giving yourself some positive encouragement for bringing sports gear to work
- Feel more alive and vital after you shift your bedtime habit to an earlier time.
These incremental changes – with built-in rewards – are the small steps you need to effect greater change. They will also ultimately contribute to your bigger goal in the long term. Once you nail this step you’ll kickstart your health and fitness journey in the right direction and faster.
4. Seek Support
The last factor for kickstarting your health and fitness journey is to seek support. As you move towards better health, there will be individuals along the way who will help you achieve your goals.
Let’s take a look at what they can do for you:
- Helpers – provide assistance in finishing a task. They may also contribute complementary skills to help you achieve your goals much like teammates who help each other win a match.
- Supporters – these are the individuals who cheer you on and push you to do better.
- Coaches and mentors – provide a bird’s eye view of your progress and are instrumental in providing guidance, structure, and the strategies to achieve your goal.
It’s time to kickstart your health journey!
No challenge is impossible! Follow the above 4 key steps to kickstart your health journey. They’ll get you going in the right direction and, for good!
To summarize the tips again, here are the top four (4) tips to kickstart your health journey:
Tip #1. Find Out Your Why
Tip #2. Improve Your Confidence
Tip #3. Celebrate the Small Wins
Tip #4. Seek Support
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Feel free to watch the video
- Levitin, D. (2014) The Organized Mind: Thinking Straight in the Age of Information Overload. Plume Printing
- Germov, J., Williams, L. (2004) A Sociology of Food & Nutrition: The Social Appetite (2nd Ed.) Oxford.
- Kausman, R. (2004). If not dieting, then what? Allen & Unwin
- Maxwell, J. (2010) Everyone communicates, few connect: What the most effective people do differently. Thomas Nelson
- Gladwell, M. (2000) The Tipping Point: How little things can make a big difference. Back Bay Books/Little, Brown and Co.
- Cosgrove, F. (2007) Coach Yourself to Wellness: Living the Intentional Life. Messenger Publishing.
- McKeown, G. (2014) Essentialism: The disciplined pursuit of less. Crown Business.
- O’Connor, J. Seymour, J. (1990) Introducing NLP: Psychological skills for understanding and influencing people. Thorsons
- Maxwell, J. (2012) The 15 invaluable laws of growth: Live them and reach your potential. Center Street
- Hill, N. (2008) The law of success – Complete. BN Publishing
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Hi, I’m Chris Everingham.
I’m sharing the holistic performance secrets that I both personally used to overcome racial scrutiny, escape poverty and depression, AND taught others so that they too could bring proven success and happiness into their lives.
Learn more about my time competing in international sports, in front of media and speaking with live audiences of thousands of people to discover my high performance secrets. Click here to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.