Episode 102 – 3 ways to contribute to your fitness community
What is that saying again?
You are the average of the 5 closest people around you.
While originally this was a business maxim for determining your net financial worth, there was groundbreaking research in the Lancet medical journal that highlighted the significance of social networks on your health (or specifically, being overweight and obese).
So, in short…
The only way to be sustainable in health and fitness is to find people that are like you (or you want to be like), align with them and work to grow together as a healthy fitness community.
There’s a lot of wisdom in groups and there’s a lot of collective enthusiasm you can ride on when you need it!
1. you can have mentors
This is about seeking out talented, experienced and qualified individuals who have undergone the journey and processes you need to fulfill in order to achieve your health and fitness goals. The right mentor can allow you to strive to levels you never thought would be possible.
2. you can mentor someone
While mentoring is usually reserved for an extensive (and intensive) relationship over a number of years, this is about sharing some tips and tricks that have worked for you or have been proven to work successfully in reality – it’s never dogmatic (as there are many ways to solve a problem). It’s also about asking the right questions to provide insight for the mentee.
Read on below to find out more on how to best contribute to your fitness community.
3. you can even challenge yourself with people of similar ability
Push each other to be the best you can. This is about creating energy – through healthy competitive tension within the community – in the collective spirit of venturing toward your health and fitness goals together!
When you have a community around you whether it be online or in real life – we can all work together to help each other.
That’s how you contribute to your fitness community.
Do you want to join my fitness community? Visit the community section of my website here
or if you need a life coach, click here.
Chat to you soon!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Matheus Ferrero on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Hi, I’m Chris Everingham.
I’m sharing the holistic performance secrets that I both personally used to overcome racial scrutiny, escape poverty and depression, AND taught others so that they too could bring proven success and happiness into their lives.
Learn more about my time competing in international sports, in front of media and speaking with live audiences of thousands of people to discover my high performance secrets. Click here to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.