Episode 85 – How reminders will achieve your goals
Every day is full of distracts.
In fact, you are on the back foot as soon as you wake up making it nearly impossible to achieve your goals!
Don’t believe me?!
Let’s have a look at what usually happens when you start your day.
Once your eyes open, you hit the toilet and then boom you’re on the smartphone immediately to start on daily information upload of the world’s events.
Maybe the kids come into play or your partner wants to chat.
Next comes your daily preparation – shower, dress up, breakfast, commute…
Meanwhile, instant messages flood in as the morning warms up and you only begin to chip away at them while you check out some interesting posts…
…Finally, you hit that TV news report with multiple sub-articles and…. that’s the straw that broke the donkey’s back right there – you’re basically doomed from now on.
Your mind is spun into overdrive and you’re fried before you get to work.
…Then work happens! Haha.
Welcome to the ride of life.
Pause for a second.
How is it possible to win with all this going on?
Unfortunately, as a human (and despite what those “multi-taskers” out there will tell you) we can only really focus effectively on 1 thing.
That’s right one thing at a time.
Achieve your goals today. Read on below to learn how.
Why does THAT even matter?
We must be aware of this limit and work WITH it to succeed in the 21st century – especially with all the above “noise” going on in life!
So, get back your single focus and harness it onto what’s important through the effective use of a reminder system.
It’s time to “steal back” your attention.
What’s a simple reminder system?
A reminder system can be something in your environment that you frequent. For example, a really good reminder system maybe the fridge door because you need to eat throughout the day.
So, use that pre-determined attention time to your advantage.
Write down your health and fitness goals onto a piece of paper – date it and then attach it near the handle with a magnet. I know you’ll look at it at least 1x / day, if not 3-6 x / day.
Get your single focus back to where it needs to be.
On your goals!
Simply work out what your reminder tool(s) will be, put your goals there and BOOM.
You’ve got one step closer to #winning!
Achieve your goals today.
1. How you can you effectively use reminders to achieve your goals in relationships?
2. How can you effectively use reminders to achieve your goals in business?
3. How can you effectively use reminders to achieve your goals in finances?
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Nathan Dumlao on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.