Episode 156 – 1 key skill that will make your diet work
Today’s question is: ” I find meal prep too hard. How can I maintain a good dieting regimen here in the Philippines?”
My short and immediate response is:
How bad do you WANT it?
That’s a simple statement to describe not only the nutrition mindset for the above question but also the mindset to anything in life.
You can do anything in life, you can have whatever you want, you just got to prioritize and focus on it. If you can do that, you can actually achieve it all.
Nutrition is no exception to this rule – it’s a lifestyle, it’s a rhythm of living – it just requires a little bit of insight and foresight.
To go into a bit more detail:
Nutrition is one of the most important things you need to be doing in your life. Whatever you put in your body is essentially you, you are what you eat. Here’s a quick philosophy for nutrition:
Goodness in = goodness out
Rubbish in = rubbish out.
So, to stick with this nutrition philosophy, focus on getting the best nutrition in daily.
How do you do it?
Want to know the secrets of Meal prep? Read on below.
One of the best ways to ensuring your nutrition is on point would be to try out meal planning and preparation on Sundays (which I call “Meal prep Sundays”).
This is where I’ll cook and package all my core foods and meals for the next 7 days so it’s ready to be consumed over the course of the week without interrupting my day-to- day activities.
And then to spice it up a few times a week I’ll do these two things:
1. I’ll cook smaller meals – usually Tuesday and Thursday
This is where I’ll have a meal that will be just as healthy as my core foods and meals but something completely different so that my variety is high for both my nutritional intake and taste buds.
2. I’ll also go out to eat at least 1x a week.
Meal Prep Sundays
Meal prep Sundays – remember this nutrition mindset so you too can maintain a good dieting regimen.
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Jessica To’oto’o on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.