Episode 141 – Is it weight loss or about feeling better?
Today’s insightful thought about health and fitness is this question,
“is it weight loss or about feeling better?”
Whenever I look back at my old clients progress (most of my clients initially came to me with a weight loss target in mind), I noticed they actually felt happier and yet lost less weight than they initially came to me with.
For them, their transformations were really matter of confidence building in their exercise or functional movement and even feeling healthier as opposed to hitting a number on the scales.
I guess initially they only knew how to communicate their health and fitness needs in terms of numbers – which is fair enough because it can be quite hard to aspire towards something you can’t quite describe (particularly if you haven’t been there in many years or even ever).
So for you… particularly, if you want weight loss fast,
Here are some food for thought:
Want weight loss? Read on below.
First, you’ve got to look at your goal in detail as this provides markers to work towards. To help you build detail about your goal, ask yourself these questions:
- Is it fat loss? is it weight loss?
- is it just about feeling better?
- or is it something completely different?
These questions will help you with both self-awareness as well as a general awareness of health. They will also govern your behaviours, habits and attention.
Then once you’re sorted out the detailed around your goal, find your methodology.
The best place to start would be to tick off the basics:
- make sure you are exercising,
- make sure you are sleeping right.
- make sure you manage your stress so that you don’t get adrenal fatigue (which is another important thing as well to look at, so that you’re not getting excessive fat storage around your midsection)
- And of course, make sure you are eating well. Yes, you can go into a calorie deficit – which in the short term is gonna help to accelerate the weight loss progress and obviously help burn off extra calories – but it’ll be more important to balance out your nutrient supply by eating key food groups – it’s more slow burn in terms of results but those results are more sustainable for the long term.
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Victor Freitas on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Hi, I’m Chris Everingham.
I’m sharing the holistic performance secrets that I both personally used to overcome racial scrutiny, escape poverty and depression, AND taught others so that they too could bring proven success and happiness into their lives.
Learn more about my time competing in international sports, in front of media and speaking with live audiences of thousands of people to discover my high performance secrets. Click here to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.