Episode 97 – The perfect time to build your health and fitness program
This is a classic excuse.
Wait for it.
Excuse: “I never have enough time…to sit down and plan my health and fitness”
Me: “Really.” *insert sarcastic facial expression here*
What about now? Now is a good time to build your health and fitness program.
AND that’s why I don’t get it.
Humans run around like they’re immortal. They waste time like they are teenagers throwing toilet paper on someone’s house during Halloween! They chill out on the internet looking at what everyone else is doing.
Wow. I wish I had that much time.
So anyway, here’s my realistic counter-argument.
Does anyone do anything productive in that middle week between Christmas and New Years?
100% doubt it!
There’s nothing going on because everyone knows there’s a second celebration coming – a second excuse to put things off to the new year.
Then what happens?
There is always time to build your health and fitness program. Read on below.
The new year comes and you may try to do something new for the new year, but like the maxim, “fail to plan, plan to fail” suggests, most people go back to their old habits, their old selves.
So, what’s the solution?
I challenge you to take one day out of that week between the 25th and the 31st December to reflect and build your new you before the new year begins.
Here are some basic questions to consider:
- What did you do well this year in your health and fitness?
- What did you enjoy (what’s working) and want to do more of next year?
- What did you not enjoy about this year (what’s not working) and want to do less of next year?
- How are you going to get more of the good time, more of the exciting times packed into your next year?
Use the time between Christmas and New Years Eve to reflect, plan and act on your ultimate health and fitness program – that way it really will be a new year for a new you!
Any other excuses?
It’s time to build your health and fitness program.
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Fancycrave on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Hi, I’m Chris Everingham.
I’m sharing the holistic performance secrets that I both personally used to overcome racial scrutiny, escape poverty and depression, AND taught others so that they too could bring proven success and happiness into their lives.
Learn more about my time competing in international sports, in front of media and speaking with live audiences of thousands of people to discover my high performance secrets. Click here to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.