Episode 116 – Simple strategy to create a positive life
- Want to create a positive life and yet things never seem to go your way?
- Can’t catch a break?
- Struggling to keep it together despite your efforts?
I feel ya.
Sometimes that’s the way life’s dice roll.
But I don’t let it get me down.
I have a motto I focus on.
“Focus on what I can control. Accept the rest.”
So, how do I begin to get back in control?
It’s a must for growth.
Whenever the waves of life are crashing upon me like an angry storm, I take stock in my reflections.
Here in this space, I create a foundation – an awareness if you like – of where I am in space and time and then build on what I have.
The rest I acknowledge, smile towards and then accept as “temporary” barricades directing me in a certain trajectory – for now.
Yes, it can be a bit of an effort to focus on but growth has always been uncomfortable.
Consider a child’s painful and teary reaction to when their first set of teeth are coming through – that’s the same thing that’s happening to you right now – growing pains are upon you and it’s time to embrace what’s happening. Soon enough, the pain will pass and you’ll have grown too!
Read on below to discover how to create a positive life.
To create a positive life, you must realise this truth in reality: you have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable.
I know it may sound odd at the moment but, this will become a healthy mindset habit necessary for your success.
…If you want to succeed that is.
“yes!” I hear you say?!
Well, begin to create your positive life despite the growing pains by asking simple strategic questions such as,
- What’s working?
- What can I do well today?
- What didn’t work so well yesterday and why?
- How can I fix it? Or was it something out of my control?
Then with your findings to these questions immediately re-apply them to your next opportunity.
Simple strategy right!?
Well, it works every time.
Then sooner rather than later you’ll emerge to the surface triumphant smiling with a new perspective on life – much like the child after their full set of teeth finally came through. (Say Cheese!…haha)
Reflection in the morning is going to be a great opportunity for you to manifest something wonderful for the day.
Evenings can also be good as well but be aware of things such as decision fatigue, distractions or other social obligations you may be subjected to.
In the end, growth is about cultivating your mindset with the right healthy habits.
Reflections will be one of your key platforms to create a positive life.
Focus on what you can control – the next break is coming.
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Jonathan Chng on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Hi, I’m Chris Everingham.
I’m sharing the holistic performance secrets that I both personally used to overcome racial scrutiny, escape poverty and depression, AND taught others so that they too could bring proven success and happiness into their lives.
Learn more about my time competing in international sports, in front of media and speaking with live audiences of thousands of people to discover my high performance secrets. Click here to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.