Episode 99 – Feelin’ busy? Ask yourself these 2 questions
“Everyone has the same amount of time, it’s what do we do with it that counts…“
It’s a popular quote but what does it mean?
Let’s go deep for a New York minute, shall we and discuss goal setting for busy people.
Time as its conventionally known is an illusion*.
Time is simply a sequence of events or processes you need to go through in order to achieve your goal.
It is governed not only by process but by the perspective or “lens” you view it – whether it be past, present or future dominant views (as well as positive or negative or neutral).
Whenever you find yourself feeling busy or even using the phrase, “I’m busy,” ask yourself:
- “Why (am I / have I been) busy – in the past and present?”
- “Do I need to be busy (in the present and future)?”
- “Is it a skill I need to brush up on (in the present) so I can alter the course of my future and it’s outlook (eg. Negative / neutral to positive)?”
If it is a skill you need to improve, let’s walk through the process needed to make your time count!
Say you are “busy” in the present.
The skill then becomes about prioritization.
Want to know more about goal setting for busy people. Read on below.
First things first.
What is the main goal?
This question sets the agenda for your time / focus and attention. Focus on what’s important first – this is essentially your “time pillar” – or foundation of how you’ll allocate your time.
Write it all down.
Then, eliminate whatever doesn’t align with achieving your goal (or health) – you have two choices.
- Get rid of those time allocations completely.
- Reduce the time /focus and energy allocated to this “time waster” to support your primary agenda.
This will bring your busy-ness down radically which is an important step in goal setting for busy people
You’ll be more productive.
You’ll have more energy.
You’ll be a master of time.
It’s about time you rebalanced your life (That way you can work on your health and fitness)!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Daniel Tseng on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.