Episode 111 – Why most people fail to achieve their health and fitness goal
Hurts so bad huh?!
I get it.
I don’t often fail but when I do, it’s a kick in the stomach.
A knife to the heart.
It’s a terrible feeling.
But you (and I) gotta move on, particularly with any fitness goal failure.
How do you move on?
Get back at it again.
Let’s review the achievement checklist:
- Goal in place? Check.
- Plan in place? Check.
- Action? Check.
- Drive?… Check?! Check?! Aha!
You may have the goal (or dream), plan and action in place but you don’t have conscious awareness of the why factor to drive that goal. That’s why you’ve failed (so far)…
You want that drive?
Read on below to learn ways to avoid fitnes goal failure.
Try this activity:
Go ahead and ask yourself,
“What is my goal and what it is for?” and then move onto a question like, “why am I doing this?” which is critical.
If you can work out why you are doing it you will stick with it.
It will stick to you.
Ok, and you’ll continue doing it.
But you have to find something that’s deep inside you.
“Triple your Why”
Usually what you want to do when you’re finding your “why” is ask yourself “why” 3 times, okay?
“I want to exercise.”
Why? To lose weight.
Why? Because I want to look good.
Why? Coz I’m single.
(Okay we found something).
Or maybe it might be the other way, you know,
“I want to be fit and healthy”
Why? to not get sick.
Why? Because of my kids.
What about your kids… why are they important? Because I wanna see them grow up, and graduate and become successful and have their own family.
(Ugh, that’s deep!)
…But that’s where you need to be in order to be effective – a tree without its roots, or without going deep will just get blown over.
Never fail again.
Never experience fitness goal failure again.
Find your why, find your way!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- Want to know how to set goals right? The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by ÁLVARO MENDOZA on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.