Episode 52 – Beat the Bland! 25 Brilliant Breakfast Options
You’re walking into the kitchen for breakfast. The thought of sugary, bland cereal sickens you.
“No more cereal!” you say to yourself.
It might seem like a woeful first world problem but let’s face it. You’re bored with the usual breakfast routine. At the same time, you’re savvy enough to know that you need the energy to power your morning. So you have to eat something. But what? There are dozens of brilliant breakfast ideas in store, let’s go through a few right now so you can beat the blandness! Read on.
In this article, you’ll learn 25 brilliant breakfast options to beat the bland. Instead of saying, “No more cereal,” these ideas will get you looking forward to the number one meal that powers your day!
Below are your 25 brilliant breakfast options. Choose the right one for your situation! Better yet, try a new one every day. Enjoy.
Quick and on-the-go breakfast options
- Fruit and milk based smoothie – use your imagination! I like banana, cherries and avocado with coconut milk
- Fruit such as, apples, oranges, pears, kiwifruit
- Yoghurt such as, low-fat mango fruit in yoghurt
- Fruit snack pack such as, peaches and apricots
- Breakfast or cereal bars such as, muesli and oatmeal bars
- Fruit muffin such as, blueberries or walnuts
- Banana bread
For those with a bit more time
- Breakfast cereals with mix-ins such as, sliced apricots, cranberries, walnuts or pistachios
- Oatmeal, milk and mix-ins such as, bananas, blueberries, peaches and coconut shavings
- Bircher muesli made with almond or coconut milk instead!
- Fruit yoghurt – pick your fruit flavour! Mango, peaches, strawberry, coconut
- Fromage fraise or fromage blanc with avocado and mixed nuts such as, cashews and pecans.
- Fresh fruit or canned on toast with jam, honey or Vegemite
Still need brilliant breakfast options? Read on below!
For Hot Breakfast options
- Toast with fruit and honey (think banana or apple with honey!)
- Porridge with grapefruit, blueberries, grapes or even chopped pineapple
- Creamy pasta with pumpernickel toast
- Pancakes with walnuts, marmalade and dark chocolate
- Banana and buckwheat waffles with a plum compote
- Baked beans with cheese and toast
- Creamed corn with multigrain toast
- Spaghetti pasta on toast
- Omelette egg, poached and / or scrambled eggs
- Creamed rice pudding
- Chia seed tapioca pudding
- Toasties or melts such as, brown bread, spinach, cheese and tomato
Breakfast drinks to complement your meal
- Fruit juice (not fruit drink!)
- Skim milk hot chocolate
- Green tea
- Fresh coffee
In this article, you’ve learnt 25 brilliant breakfast options to beat the bland. These ideas will get you looking forward to the number one meal that powers your day!
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
- Chek, P. (2009) How to Eat, Move and Be Healthy!
- Chopra, D. (1995) Boundless Energy: The complete Mind/Body Program for Overcoming Chronic Fatigue. Three Rivers Press
- Germov, J., Williams, L. (2004) A Sociology of Food & Nutrition: The Social Appetite (2nd Ed.) Oxford.
- Gropper, S., Smith, J., Groff, J. (2005) Advanced Nutrition and Human Metabolism (4th Ed.), Thomson Wadsworth
- Kausman, R. (2004). If not dieting, then what? Allen & Unwin
- Mahan, L. Escott-Stump, S. (2004) Krause’s Food, Nutrition & Diet Therapy (11th Ed.) Saunders
- McWilliams, M. (2001) Foods: Experimental Perspectives (4th Ed.) Prentice-Hall
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.