Episode 89 – Create action in your life – transform your feelings into meaning
Have you ever had a gut feeling and…AND… you were right?!
Something was a “bit off, a little iffy”, hey!
I know I have.
I often use this instinct to help guide me in my health and performance.
And you too should use it to create action in your life!
While it’s important to use all available evidence in decision making (particularly how you look after your health), the use of gut instincts and intuition can be a wonderful guide to help you to manage your state of well-being.
Let’s look at a simple scenario involving back pain.
For example, one day you notice you have this pain radiating from your back.
Upon doing some research with your physiotherapist you decide to start daily stretching to help ease the pain. Then after a number of sessions, the back pain is no longer there – you continue with your normal life. Of course, rhythmically if the back pain returned, you are prompted to start the daily stretching again to help “fix” it.
Want to create action in your life? Read on below.
There’s a rhythm there. Make sense?!
While this is a simple example, the above situation is about getting in touch with your feelings, and understanding what it means, that is:
- What does this pain mean (what’s it telling me?)
- How do I address it?
Have a think about these questions for a moment as these will help you to transform your feelings into meaning.
Once you have the answers it’s about putting a plan in place so you can manage and ultimately “prevent” the pain from recurring in the future (such as the daily morning stretch routine focusing on the back and surrounding muscles in the above example).
Now while prevention is better than cure, conscious awareness of your feelings is the first step.
So go with your gut and create action in your life!
Here are some thoughts to consider:
- Have you listened to your gut instincts recently?
- What are they telling you about your health and fitness?
Need extra help?
- My PURITY Protocol is an amazing resource packed with 6 secrets to detox your life and supercharge your energy. It’s my personal wellbeing philosophy. Check it out here.
- The First Five Fitness program is a complete 35 day guide to nutrition, mindset, and fitness for beginners and intermediates AND it only takes five minutes blocks to start. Click here for details.
- Don’t know what or how to cook and prepare food?! Check out My Meals & Recipes book here. It’s packed with loads of practical, healthy and simple to make breakfast, lunch, dinner options as well as snacks and drinks.
- Want live coaching? Click here to contact me. I look forward to working with you soon.
Photo by Leo Rivas on Unsplash
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness.
Chris Everingham lives and breathes health & fitness. International Athlete, Elite Performance Manager for the Philippine Volcanoes rugby teams, qualified Dietitian / Nutritionist and qualified educator. Chris Everingham combines more than 10 years of experience and education together to deliver the best strategies to grow your mindset, rewire your habits and transform your life.